Custom Pages allow you to be creative and add your own personal style to your site.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Create Page
- Choose a customizable template
- Page Settings
- Add Images
- Edit Text
- Add Sections
- Change Section Order or Delete Unwanted Sections
- Using Image Toolbar
- Add an HTML Section to your Custom Page (Pro level plans and above)
- Save Changes
- From your Dashboard, expand the left Sidebar and tap 'Pages'.
- Tap 'Create Page"
- Select 'Custom Page'.
Choose a customizable template
You can 'View All' at once or select a tab to narrow down the options:
- Title Page for splash/landing/title pages
- About for your 'About Me/Us' page
- Contact has pre-built Contact Message forms for sending you enquiries
- Resume for including details about yourself, your achievements, education, work experience etc.
- Story for essays with photos.
Hovering over a thumbnail will make it scroll, showing you more of the pages design/layout.
Selecting a [ Blank Template ] will allow you to add your own Sections in the order you want, making it a truly Custom Page.
Adjust the settings of your Custom Page.
- Title is the name of your Custom Page.
- Path is the unique address of your page. This should be lowercase with a hyphen between each word.
- Description should describe the content of the Custom Page. It will only be shown in search engine results. It will not be visible on your site. Your description should be between 150-160 characters.
Tap an image to replace with your image with your own.
A mini-toolbar will appear above with options to 'Change Image'
You can also change the image shape (see Using Image Toolbar below).
Add your own text and headlines with your own words.
The template page you have selected may not look exactly how you want it to.
You can Add Sections to the page to make it look the way you want.
You can add Text and Images, swap in your own content as shown above, and or add Forms and Divider sections.
Using one of our pre-built Contact Forms is a great way of making it easy for viewers to contact you. Any messages sent will go to your Format Account email address. You can add Divider sections in between your other sections.
Change Section Order or Delete Unwanted Sections
You can also delete a Section by hovering over the top right corner and clicking the 'X' icon., And confirming on the Warning box that will appear.
By hovering over a Section on the left-hand site you will see a light 'slider' graphic appear.
Tap-and-drag up or down to change the section ordering on your page.
Using Image Toolbar
After you have uploaded your image, you can tap it to activate the Image Toolbar which contains additional options for your image:
Using the Toolbar options you can:
- Change the image shape
- Zoom in (recrop and position) image
- Change (replace) image
- Link the image to another page within your site or an external webpage/site
- Add Alt text.
Add a HTML section (Pro level plans and above)
HTML embeds can be added to Custom page on Pro level plans and above.
You can create new HTML sections or convert existing text Sections to HTML editing mode, and then paste in the HTML code for the embed you want to add, such as an embedded Video Element or a Custom Form.
As you work on your Custom Page it is important to 'Save Changes' regularly.
Preview your page using the Preview 'eye icon'.