Use your Hover.com domain name
When your Hover domain is set up correctly yourdomain.com will load your Format site with www.yourdomain.com showing in the address bar.
Throughout this guide mysite, mysite.format.com and yourdomain.com are EXAMPLES ONLY you will replace these with your own unique Format address and custom domain name.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Format Domain Settings
- Sign in to Hover.com
- Three-step Connect
- Confirmation Message
- Still not working?
Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard, in the lower-left Sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes
Sign in to Hover.com
- 'Sign in' or
- Tap 'Format' icon under the 'User your domain with your favorite service' area
If you have more than one custom domain name registered with Hover.com, select the one you want to connect to your Format site.
- The 'Overview' panel shows general overview of your settings.
- Tap 'Connect' and select 'Format' or 'Get Started'
- Check the nameservers are set to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com (this is the default unless you have transferred your domain from another domain registrar).
- Add your custom domain name to Format
- Add your Format Address (do not include '.format.com'), a 'tick' will appear when entered correctly
- Tap 'Connect' or 'Cancel' to exit.
A confirmation message will be displayed.
Sometimes it can take as long as 24 hours for your website to be connected to your domain.
Still not working?
You may feel you have done everything correctly, just as this guide says, but your domain is still not working.
Pleas send us a secure Domain Help Request so we can assist you.