Use your GoDaddy.com domain name
When your GoDaddy domain is set up correctly yourdomain.com will load your Format site with www.yourdomain.com showing in the address bar.
Throughout this guide mysite, mysite.format.com and yourdomain.com are EXAMPLES ONLY you will replace these with your own unique Format address and custom domain name.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Format Domain Settings
- Sign in to GoDaddy.com
- Select your Domain
- Web Forwarding
- DNS Management
- Action Needed or Confirmation
- Still not working?
Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard, in the lower-left Sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes
Sign in to GoDaddy.com
- From 'Domains' > tap 'Manage' > Manage DNS
Select your Domain
- Icon view is easiest
- Tap 'Manage Connection'
Scroll down until you see 'Forwarding' panel
- Domain tap pencil icon to edit
The Nameservers need to be using GoDaddy's defaults and will look like: ns46.domaincontrol.com or ns47.domaincontrol.com or similar.
- Forward to (drop-down): http://
- Forward to (text field): www. followed by your domain name (all lower case)
- Redirect type: 301 (Permanent)
- Forward settings: Forward only
- Update my nameservers..: Checked
If there are existing entries here you will need to delete them. It can take several minutes before GoDaddy will let you make changes after deleting forwarding.
Tap the DNS Zone File tab
- Under CNAME (Alias) find the www entry.
- Tap 'pencil icon' to edit
Edit Zone Record
- Host: www
- Points to: mysite.format.com (replace mysite with your unique Format Address)
Action needed or Confirmation
An Action needed or Success ribbon will appear toward the top of the page.
Click Save Changes or follow any other instructions
Sometimes it can take as long as 24 hours for your website to be connected to your domain.
Still not working?
You may feel you have done everything correctly, just as this guide says, but your domain is still not working. Pleas send us a secure Domain Help Request so we can assist you.