Use your Bluehost.com domain
Connect your Bluehost.com domain name to your Format portfolio site.
Throughout this document mysite, mysite.format.com and yourdomain.com are EXAMPLES ONLY you will replace these with your own unique Format address and custom domain name.
In this article
- Format Domain Settings
- Sign in to Bluehost.com
- Redirect Domain
- DNS Zone Editor
- CNAME (Alias)
- Check your Domain Connection
Tap any image to view at larger size.
Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard, in the lower-left Sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes' or
- File a Help Request and we will help connect for you.
Sign in to BlueHost.com
Sign in to your Bluehost.com account.
- Select Permanent (301)
- Select You domain name
- Redirects to http://www followed by your domain name
- Select 'Do Not Redirect www.'
- Tap Add this redirect
DNS Zone Editor
Tap 'DNS Zone Editor' from the top menu.
Under CNAME (Alias) edit:
- Host Record: www
- Points to: mysite.format.com (replace mysite with your unique Format Address)
- Tap Save
You can now log out of Bluehost.
Check Your Domain Connection
Changes to your registrar's site are not instant! They can take up to 48 hours to take full effect (however, it usually takes a few hours).
It's best to check your connection after one day.You will know that your domain connection is working when you enter yourdomain.com and your Format site loads with https://www.yourdomain.com in the address bar.
Be sure to check that www comes up in the address bar.
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email email@example.com if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!