How to create a Blog for publishing blog posts
Use your Blog to share images, video and text with your viewers.
A Personal Plan allows 20 images per blog post. Pro Plans and higher allow 100 images per blog post. There is no limit to the number of posts you can have and these images don't count on your plans image limit.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Enable Blog
- Add Post – text, images and video
- Reposition image set
- Post visibility
- Post settings
- Blog visibility
- Add Blog to Site Menu
- Blog settings
- Blog design
From your Dashboard, expand the left Sidebar and tap 'Blog'.
Give your blog a name. Tap 'Enable Blog'
Sometimes obvious is best so naming your Blog as 'Blog' can save confusing viewers and is more likely to be found and viewed than naming your Blog 'An ostrich stole my words'. You can always name a blog post that way!
Tap 'Add Post' (top-right)
A dialogue panel will be displayed. Enter a name for your post (you can change this at any time). Tap 'Add Post' or 'Cancel' to exit.
Add text and images
Add your text and images.
Images may be displayed in Grid, Slideshow or Vertical modes.
Always 'Save Changes' (top-right) after editing.
The first time you save a new post you will be asked whether to 'Publish to Blog' which will include in your blog listing page or 'No, leave it unpublished'. See Post visibility below for more information.
Videos can be added from YouTube or Vimeo URLs.
Locate and copy the full YouTube or Vimeo URL from the browser address bar.
Paste in the full URL from YouTube or Vimeo in the field that appears.
The video thumbnail will display underneath.
Videos set as 'Private' or 'Restricted' may not allow you to add. Ensure you have access (and permission).
Reposition image set
Hover over the left-hand side of the image set to bring up a handle.
Tap-and-drag (up or down) to position the image set within your blog post.
A new post is 'Unpublished' by default.
- Published: the blog post will be live and accessible to anyone.
- Unpublished: the blog post will be accessible and visible only to you.
Hover the 'Unpublished/Published' visibility text indicator and tap to activate dropdown and select.
Changing the visibility to 'Unpublished' will remove post from your Blog Listing (but not delete it).
You can 'Preview' your post at any time.
Post Title: the title of your post how it will appear on your blog.
Post Path: this path will precede your site in your url. eg: www.example.com/blog/workers-from-around-the-world
Best practice is to use lower-case characters and a hyphen '-' between words.
Cover Image: the cover image thumbnail represents this page when displayed in your Blog Index. Its layout is determined by your website theme. More info.
Delete Post: remove post.
1. From your Dashboard, expand the left Sidebar and tap 'Blog'.
2. You can also access this area by tapping on your Blog's title while you are in the individual Post Editor.
Individual Posts will show in the right-hand side as (3) 'Published' or (4) 'Unpublished'.
As well as choosing whether to publish individual blog posts you need to decide whether to have your Blog 'Online', 'Private' or 'Offline'.
- Online: Your blog will be live and accessible to anyone
- Private: Your blog will be accessible only to those with the password
- Offline: Your blog and all of its posts will be disabled and inaccessible.
Hover the 'Offline / Private / Online' visibility text indicator and tap to activate dropdown and select.
Add Blog to Site Menu
1. If you view your Live Site now your Blog may not appear. You need to add to the Site Menu.
Hover the 'Not in Menu' link and tap the 'Change' link that appears.
Follow our Site Menu Editor guide.
The Blog > 'Settings' area is where you decide how your Blog will appear (but not the actual 'design' styling).
Blog Title: the title of your blog as it will appear in your site menu
Blog Path: this path will precede your blog posts in your URL e.g. www.example.com/blog/post
Meta Description: provide a concise explanation of your blog content for SEO optimization. Meta descriptions are often featured on search engine result pages (such as Google).
Cover Image: This image will be used as a thumbnail for this post page, or if used in a Collection.
Blog Homepage Style: the default display style for your blog. You can select 'Listing' or 'Post'. Thumbnails and Previews can be enabled or disabled.
Blog Posts on Homepage: the number of posts on your blog homepage.
Default Image Display Style: when you add a new image set to a blog post this is the default public display style. You can select 'Grid', 'Slideshow' or 'Vertical'.
Social Sharing Links on Posts: enable or disable Disqus comments on blog posts.
Share Published Posts: enable to disable the Facebook and Twitter share pop-up window when publishing.
Disable Blog: disables Blog.
Try different settings, 'Save Changes' and view your live site to see how it looks then making setting changes until you are satisfied with the appearance.
Listing view of Blog Homepage
- Blog Homepage activated from site menu
- Blog Title
- Post Title
- Activating Post Title link will open full Post view with all images, videos and text
- Pagination when you have more posts than will display on the Blog Homepage
To customize the appearance of your Blog you will want to 'Edit Design'
- The Design Editor will be activated and a preview of your Blog Homepage will appear. Changes you make will be visible here.
- Scroll down to the 'BLOG' section where you can change Titles, Body Text, Image Captions and the Blog Slideshow Background Color.
- Change device preview mode between 'Desktop', 'Mobile' and 'Fullscreen'.
- 'Clear Changes' or 'Save Changes' before leaving the Design Editor.