When your GoDaddy domain is set up correctly yourdomain.com will load your Format site with
https://www.yourdomain.com showing in the address bar.
Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes
Sign in to GoDaddy.com
- From 'Domains' > tap 'Manage' > Manage DNS
Select your Domain
- Icon view is easiest
- Tap 'Manage Connection'
Scroll down until you see 'Forwarding' panel
- Domain tap pencil icon to edit
The Nameservers need to be using GoDaddy's defaults and will look like: ns46.domaincontrol.com or ns47.domaincontrol.com or similar.
- Forward to (drop-down): http://
- Forward to (text field): www. followed by your domain name (all lower case)
- Redirect type: 301 (Permanent)
- Forward settings: Forward only
- Update my nameservers..: Checked
If there are existing entries here you will need to delete them. It can take several minutes before GoDaddy will let you make changes after deleting forwarding.
Tap the DNS Zone File tab
- Under CNAME (Alias) find the www entry.
- Tap 'pencil icon' to edit
Edit Zone Record
- Host: www
- Points to: mysite.format.com (replace mysite with your unique Format Address)
Action needed or Confirmation
An Action needed or Success ribbon will appear toward the top of the page.
Click Save Changes or follow any other instructions
Sometimes it can take as long as 24 hours for your website to be connected to your domain.
Still not working?
If your domain is still not working, please send us a secure Domain Help Request so we can assist you.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!