Set up shipping rates
You can set shipping rates for each product in your Store.
You can choose how much to charge when a product is shipped on its own or when combined with other products.
In this article
- Set up shipping rates – video instructions
- Add shipping rates to your product
- Set shipping rates for individual or grouped items
- How 'Shipped Alone' and 'With Others' Works
- Flat Rate Shipping
Set up shipping rates – video instructions
Add shipping rates to your product
- Go to your individual product's page
- Scroll down to the 'Shipping' section
- Check 'This item can be shipped'
Set shipping rates for individual or grouped items
- Check under 'Destination' to see if your home shipping country is correct. If not, you can change this in your Store's Settings
- Set prices for 'Shipped Alone' and 'With Others' for your product.
- Click 'Save Changes'
How 'Shipped Alone' and 'With Others' Works
When your customer orders only a single copy of a product its Shipped Alone rate is used.
When your customer orders more than 1 product, the highest 'Shipped Alone' rate on the order is combined with the 'With Others' rates for the rest of the products on the order.
Say you are selling a print where 'Shipped Alone' is $8 and 'With Others' is $6. And you are also selling postcards where 'Shipped Alone' is $7 and 'With Others' is $5.
Someone orders 1 print and 1 postcard. The shipping total would be $8 + $5 = $13
Or, if someone orders 1 print and 4 postcards. The shipping total would be $8 + $5 x 4 = $28.
For lighter items, you may want to set the 'With Others' rate low or zero. For heavier items, you may want to price this a bit higher.
Flat Rate Shipping
You can set up 'flat rate' shipping by setting the 'With Others' rate for every product in your Store to $0.
Then your customers' shipping total is just the highest 'Shipped Alone' price in the order.
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!