Adding an External Link to your Site Menu
The Site Menu Editor allows you to create a link to an external website. This will appear in your site menu (navigation area).
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Adding an External Link – video instructions
- Add to Menu – External Link
- Add External Link
Adjusting your Site Menu – video instruction
- Open Site Menu Editor 0:08
- Tap 'Add to Menu' 0:13
- Select External link 0:18
- Title your Link and add full URL 0:22
- Decide the link behavior, turn on or off 'Open in New Window' 0:38
- Position within Site Menu 0:58
- Tap Save Changes 1:10
Add to Menu – External Link
- Tap 'Site Menu Editor' in Left Sidebar
- Tap 'Add to Menu'
- Select 'External Link'
Add External Link
- Add 'Title'. This is what will appear in your site menu.
- Add the 'URL' for the website you are linking to. Ensure the full address is added. If you are unsure, visit the website first and 'copy-and-paste' the full URL address bar from the browser here.
- Set 'Behaviour' checkbox: Off will take viewer to website, leaving your site. On will open the website in a new window (or browser tab) meaning your site is still accessible as well as the new site.
- Tap 'Done' or 'Cancel' to exit.
- The External Link as it appears in the Site Menu Editor
- How the External Link appears in the Site Preview window
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email email@example.com if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!