Creating a Proofing Project
Proofing Projects allow you to share photos with your clients easily, professionally and privately.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Activate Proofing
- Add Project
- Proofing Projects Panel Overview
- Add Images
- Project Settings
- From your Dashboard, expand the left Sidebar and tap 'Proofing'. Enable the Proofing feature (if not already). See our Proofing Overview article
- Give your Proofing section a name, e.g. 'Clients' or 'Proofing'
- Tap 'Enable Proofing' or Cancel to exit.
- The 'Projects' tab is where you will see the list view of your Projects once added.
- Tap 'Add Project' to create a private project for client review and file delivery.
Add a name for your new project and tap 'Add Project' or 'Cancel' to exit.
Proofing Projects Panel Overview
- The path and name of your current project
- Your project does not appear automatically in your Site Menu. Tap to activate the Site Menu Editor. View more information.
- You page will default to 'Online', you can activate the dropdown and change to 'Private' or 'Offline'.
- Images: upload and image management area of all images uploaded.
- Activity: see images your client/s have favorited and downloaded (if enabled).
- Settings: set specifically for this project, includes watermark, download ability and activity notification alerts.
- Edit Design: make changes to overall theme settings
- Order by: change the view order of your images. Includes by Filename, Timestamp and Upload.
- Save: any changes you make within the Proofing Editor will not be applied to your Live Site until you have tapped 'Save Changes' in the top-right corner.
Tap 'Add Item +' and select 'Image'. You can also add 'Header Text' or a 'Header Image'
We provide you with five ways of adding your image/s:
Drag & Drop: select from the Finder/Explorer of your computer and drag onto the uploader to start automatically
Upload Images: select images from your computer
Import from Dropbox: connect to your Dropbox account and add any images directly
Import from another Format page: save time
Adobe® Lightroom® direct upload using our Format Publisher plugin. Learn more.
Tap 'Save Changes' top-right after images have been imported.
Tap 'Settings'. These are specific for this individual project.
- Project Title: you can change this at any time
- Project URL: used for your clients to view the project
- Client Name: include a client name to be displayed on the project and password screen
- Filenames: showing filenames can help your clients identify specific images
- Favoriting: give clients the option to mark selected images with a star.
- Downloading: allow clients to download image files directly from your project.
- Notifications: set your preferences for email notifications
- Include Watermark: include a watermark on images in your project to discourage unauthorized distribution. If downloading is allowed the watermark will appear on these images also.
- Cover Image: the cover image thumbnail represents this project. It may displayed on your website, depending on your theme
- Delete Project: deletes project
- Back to Project: returns you back to the Images panel.
'Save Changes' before leaving the 'Settings panel.
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!