Bluehost.com make it difficult to connect your domain name if you no longer have their 'web hosting' plan (which is not required when you have a Format portfolio site).
You may want to consider transferring your domain name, but contact us first to check.
Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes' or
- File a Help Request and we will help connect for you.
Sign in to BlueHost.com
Sign in to your Bluehost.com account.
- Select Permanent (301)
- Select You domain name
- Redirects to http://www followed by your domain name
- Select 'Do Not Redirect www.'
- Tap Add this redirect
DNS Zone Editor
Tap 'DNS Zone Editor' from the top menu.
Under CNAME (Alias) edit:
- Host Record: www
- Points to: mysite.format.com (replace mysite with your unique Format Address)
- Tap Save
You can now log out of Bluehost.
Check Your Domain Connection
Changes to your registrar's site are not instant! They can take up to 48 hours to take full effect (however, it usually takes a few hours).
It's best to check your connection after one day.You will know that your domain connection is working when you enter yourdomain.com and your Format site loads with
https://www.yourdomain.com in the address bar.
Be sure to check that www comes up in the address bar.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!!