Format Domain Settings
- From your Dashboard sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain'
- Under Format Address enter your unique site domain name
- Under Add your own domain enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes' or
- File a Help Request and we will help connect for you.
Sign in to Namecheap.com
Sign in to your Namecheap.com account.
- From the 'Dashboard' select 'Domain List'
- Select the domain name you want to edit
- Tap the 'MANAGE' button
- Check that 'NAMESERVERS' are set to 'Namecheap BasicDNS' or 'Namecheap Default' If unsure, don't change.
- Check if 'REDIRECT DOMAIN' has already been set with Source URL and Destination URL as shown in the screenshot above (but with your actual registered domain name, not our example).
- If set, go to Step 5
- If no 'REDIRECT DOMAIN' set, tap 'ADD REDIRECT' and add Source URL yourdomain.com and Destination URL http://www.yourdomain.com (but with your actual registered domain name, not our example)
- Save changes (tap 'tick' icon next to rubbish bin).
- Tap 'Advanced DNS' tab.
Advanced DNS Settings
- CNAME Record for host 'www' may show with the Value parkingpage.namecheap.com.
- If it does change to be your Format Address as set earlier eg. mysite.format.com.
- Under the URL Redirect Record you set earlier, tap the 'Unmasked' dropdown menu
- Scroll to the bottom and select 'Permanent (301)'
- Tap the 'tick' to save any changes.
You can now log out of Namecheap.
Check Your Domain Connection
Changes to your registrar's site are not instant! They can take up to 48 hours to take full effect (however, it usually takes a few hours).
It's best to check your connection after one day.
You will know that your domain connection is working when you enter yourdomain.com and your Format site loads with
https://www.yourdomain.com in the address bar.
Be sure to check that www comes up in the address bar.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!