When your Hover domain is set up correctly
yourdomain.com will load your Format site with
https://www.yourdomain.com showing in the address bar.
Format Domain settings
- From your left sidebar tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Domain and Email'
- Under Format Address
- Enter your unique site domain name this is known as your Format Website Domain address
- Tap 'Connect Your Domain' enter your existing registered domain name (replace yourdomain.com with your actual custom domain name)
- 'Save Changes'
Add Existing Domain Name
- Enter your existing custom domain name, registered through an external domain registrar
- Save Changes
- Follow instructions to update your domain provider settings to point to your Format site (instructions shown below)
- Failed Connections can happen for a large number of unknown reasons
- Please tap the 'File a help request' link and our team will help connect for you.
Sign in to Hover.com
- 'Sign in' or
- Tap 'Format' icon under the 'User your domain with your favorite service' area
If you have more than one custom domain name registered with Hover.com, select the one you want to connect to your Format site.
- The 'Overview' panel shows general overview of your settings.
- Tap 'Connect' and select 'Format' or 'Get Started'
- Check the nameservers are set to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com (this is the default unless you have transferred your domain from another domain registrar).
- Add your custom domain name to Format
- Add your Format Address (do not include '.format.com'), a 'tick' will appear when entered correctly
- Tap 'Connect' or 'Cancel' to exit.
Do not include "http://" at the beginning of the address.
A confirmation message will be displayed.
Sometimes it can take as long as 24 hours for your website to be connected to your domain.
Still not working?
You may feel you have done everything correctly, just as this guide says, but your domain is still not working.
Please send us a secure Domain Help Request so we can assist you.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!