Our Blog feature does not have the built-in ability for viewers to directly 'comment' on your post so you would need to have a Disqus.com account.
Sign up at Disqus.com
Go to disqus.com in a web browser.
- Log in (if you already have an account) or
- Tap 'Get Started' and create your account
If you already have a disqus.com account, skip to the section 'Select your Disqus Shortname' below.
Create an Account
Enter your email address, along with your desired username and password to create your account.
You can also sign up using an existing social profile on Facebook, Twitter or Google.
Access Disqus Account Settings
- Tap the dropdown in the top-right corner
- Tap 'Settings'
Disqus Account Settings
- Your username entered earlier.
- Your email address (may need verifying, check fine print below
- Reactivate 'Settings' dropdown and tap 'Add Disqus To Site'
- Scroll to very bottom at tap 'Get Started'
- Tap 'I want to install Disqus on my site
Select your Shortname
- Add your Website Name, this is your shortname. Copy this text to your clipboard (or write it down).
- Select blog Category from dropdown
- Tap 'Create Site'
Select a Plan
- Select Plan >
- We recommend you 'Continue on Basic'
- Do not go to their button '2. Install Disqus'. Instead go directly to button '3. Configure Disqus'. This allows you to add your own personal details but all you really need is your Disqus Shortname available for adding to your Format Blog Settings.
Update your Blog Settings
Now you can return to your Format Dashboard.
- Tap 'Blog' in left Sidebar, activate 'Settings'
- Scroll down to 'Blog Commenting' switch to 'On'
- The 'Disqus Shortname' field will be accessible. Add your Disqus shortname. DO NOT include '.disqus.com'
- Save Changes
Enjoy Comments on your Blog!
For the Disqus Comments to load under your blog post you must view the full post by tapping on the individual blog title.
- View your Blog Listing
- Tap individual Blog Title to view
Disqus Comments Visible
- Blog view
- Disqus Comments panel loaded
- Disqus shortname displayed
Disqus Comments will not be visible when viewing the posts in 'Listing' view
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re here to help!