You can be creative and add your own personal style to your site. They have the flexibility to add text, images, contact forms, maps, audio and videos (from Vimeo or YouTube) to a page.
Add a Custom Page
- From your Dashboard tap 'Pages'.
- Tap 'Create'
- Tap 'Custom Page'.
Give your new page a name.
Start from Scratch or use a Custom Page template
- Start from Scratch, add text, images, videos and other media to this page
- Use a Custom Page Template, choose from over 60 customizable About Pages, contact forms, splash (Title) pages and more.
Choose a Custom Page template
You can 'View All' at once (the default) or select a tab to narrow down the options:
- About for your 'About Me/Us' page
- Contact has pre-built Contact Message forms for sending you enquiries
- Resume for including details about yourself, your achievements, education, work experience etc.
- Story for essays with photos.
- Title Page for splash/landing/title pages
- Hovering over a thumbnail will show it as being selected. Tap to apply.
Selecting a [ Blank Template ] will allow you to add your own Sections in the order you want, making it a truly Custom Page.
Adjust the settings of your Custom Page.
- Title is the name of your Custom Page
- Page Visibility (Online, Private or Offline)
- Custom Page URL is the unique address of your page. This should be lowercase with a hyphen between each word
- SEO Optimization shows and example of how your pages text content will appear in a search result listing. Editin the fields in the screenshot below updates this preview
- Save Changes
- SEO Page Title this will appear in the search results for this page. Write a descriptive and unique page title
- SEO Page Description should describe the content of your page. It will only be shown in search engine results. It will not be visible on your site. Your description should be between 150-160 characters
- Edit Cover Image replace our sample image with one of your own
- Delete Page
- Save Changes
- Tap an image to replace with an image of your own
- A mini-toolbar will appear above with options to 'Change Image'
- Image shape selector
- Magnifying slider change shape of image within image area
- Link the image so when tapped, takes viewer to another page, website or email
- Alt text is very helpful for visually impaired viewers and helps with search engine optimization
- When a Section is hovered the dragger handle appears in the left area and allows you to drag up or down to move the section to another position on the page
- Save Changes (always)
Add video (from Vimeo or YouTube)
See our more detailed guide for adding video to a Custom Page
- Video thumbnail preview (not selectable)
- Text, select and replace with your own
- Style text (while selected) with options available in the black ribbon bar that appears above the text
- Text alignment options
- Bold or Italic
- Link to a page, website or email
Add image sets (Slideshow)
- Add Section > Images
- Scroll down to 'Image Sets'
- Select Slideshow with thumbnails underneath
- Add Images (at least one is required)
- Speed the transition speed can be set between 2 to 20 seconds (only adjustable when 3. Autoplay is turned ON
- Autoplay can be turned ON or OFF (default OFF)
- You can change the way your images are displayed at any time with the style dropdown (so you don't need to re-upload if you decide not to use the Slideshow option).
- Select the text you want to edit and re-type/replace with your own words.
- Style options include Large Heading, Heading, Body, Small Text and List
- Alignment options
- Bold or Italic styling
- Link the text to a page, website or email address
The template page you have selected may not look exactly how you want it to.
You can Add Sections to the page to make it look the way you want.
You can add Text and Images, swap in your own content as shown above, and or add Forms and Divider sections.
Using one of our pre-built Contact Forms is a great way of making it easy for viewers to contact you. Any messages sent will go to your Format Account email address. You can add Divider sections in between your other sections.
Change section order or delete
You can also delete a Section by hovering over the top right corner and clicking the 'X' icon., And confirming on the Warning box that will appear.
By hovering over a Section on the left-hand site you will see a light 'slider' graphic appear.
Tap-and-drag up or down to change the section ordering on your page.
Add a HTML section (Pro level plans and above)
HTML embeds can be added to Custom page on Pro level plans and above.
You can create new HTML sections or convert existing text Sections to HTML editing mode, and then paste in the HTML code for the embed you want to add, such as custom forms.
As you work on your Custom Page it is important to 'Save Changes' regularly.
Preview your page using the Preview 'eye icon'.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!