Pro Yearly or Unlimited Yearly subscribers can get a free domain from Format for the first year.
Unlimited Yearly subscribers also receive a Custom Email address via Google G-Suite for no additional cost. See our Custom Email guide. This is US$72 per year for Pro plans.
Renewing the domain name for subsequent years is $US20 per year.
Redeem free domain
- Tap 'Settings' from the left sidebar
- Tap 'Domains'
- Tap 'Redeem Free Domain'
Choose your new domain name
- Type in the search field to display a selection of custom domain names below
- Select one available 'FREE' domain name
- Domains that are similar may be shown or 'Unavailable'. If too close, consider a different name.
.me top level domains (TLDs) are available.
- Check the domain name is exactly what you wanted (no changes possible after registering)
- The domain renewal date will be displayed. Auto-renewal is enabled by default and your payment method will be charged shortly before this date
- Enter your name, this is required and must be a correct, legal name
- Add your address details accurately
- Add your current primary email address. You will need to verify this email within 14 days of registration
- Add your primary phone number. Use the dropdown to select your Country Code first
- Read and agree to our Terms of Service. By clicking 'Complete Purchase' you are agreeing to our Terms of Service. This is a requirement for registering a domain
- View more on our Domain Pricing page
- Tap 'Complete Purchase' once you have re-checked all entered details are correct
- New custom domain shows with a status of 'Connecting'. It can take up to 24 hours to connect.
- Please check your email to verify this address within 14 days of registering, if you don't see the email, check your spam folder.
Different email applications may mark the message as spam, junk or trash. Check all email folders.
Transferring the domain name provided by Format to another domain registrar is not possible within the first 60 days of registering.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at email@example.com We’re here to help!