Yearly Pro and Unlimited Plan members can transfer their existing domain to Format and get the first year free. Regular cost is US$20 per year. Any time remaining from your previous registrar will be applied as free time at the end of your first year.
This is available for domain names ending:
It is not yet possible to transfer domains that have different TLD's (Top Level Domains).
Get your current domain's transfer authorization code
Log in to your current domain registrars control panel and copy the
authorization Code for your domain.
Registrars may name this differently but you are looking for a code possibly identified as
EPP Codes ,
auth code or
You will also need to
Unlock Domain to allow the transfer to work.
Once you have this code, go to your Format Dashboard.
Transfer a Domain
- Tap 'Settings' from the Dashboard
- Tap 'Domain & Email'
- Go to the 'Transfer a Domain' area.
- Enter the domain name you are wanting to transfer
- Tap 'Transfer' or
- Tap 'Upgrade To Transfer Your Domain Free' if currently on an Enthusiast Plan to allow you to transfer your domain for free. Follow the transfer / upgrade steps.
Enter the Domain to be transferred
- Add the domain name you are transferring
- Tap 'Transfer'
- Domain name being transferred
- Indicator showing your Current Registrar and moving to Format
- Term Details: any remaining time you had with your previous registrar will be displayed here and added on to your new 1 year term with Format
- Cost (if an Enthusiast Plan, free for Pro and Unlimited Plans).
- Tap 'Next'
- Paste the 'Authorization Code' you copied earlier from your previous domain registrar
- Complete all remaining fields with accurate information on this page, scroll down and tap 'Complete Transfer'
If all information has been entered correctly you will see a message thanking you for transferring and advising the estimated time to transfer.
You will receive an email once the transfer is complete or if there are any issues.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re here to help!