Our Custom Email service is dependent on having a connected Format Domain. Please view our help article on registering (US$20 per year) a Format Domain here or transfer your domain to Format (must end
How to add Custom Email to your format account :
- Access it for free on Unlimited Plans
- Purchase for US$72 per year for all other plans
How to Purchase your Domain
To register and set your custom domain, start by going to 'Settings' in your left sidebar and tap the 'Domain & Email' tab.
If you already have a domain name registered and connected from an external domain registrar it is not possible to have Custom Email from Format.
Once you have a connected Format Domain, you will see the option to add Custom Email underneath your domain connection on this page.
- Tap 'Add Custom Email'
Once you've pressed 'Add Custom Email' a mailbox registration window will appear.
- Under the heading 'Email' add the prefix name you would like for your email address. The suffix of your email will be
Once you've added this information you will be able to complete the purchase of your custom email.
- Press 'Complete Purchase' at the bottom of the summary.
As long as you have the correct payment information on your account this should work.
This is FREE for Unlimited Yearly Plans.
If you receive any warning you may need to update your payment information. Go to your Settings > Subscription area.
The cost of Custom Email is US$72 per year. HST tax is only added for residents of Canada (depending on their province).
Press 'Continue' on the purchase confirmation page. :
Your purchase will be visible in your Settings > Subscription area under Billing History . You will be sent a receipt to your Format Email and can resend the receipt from this area.
It will look like this:
How to Setup your Custom Email
Once your purchase is complete you still need to setup the email account.
Under Domain Settings, you will see at first a 'Pending Verification' state under your 'Status' heading. This should take a minute to connect.
- Refresh your screen to update, and wait until connection to move to the next step.
- Once this page is connected you can proceed to press 'Set Up Mailbox' below the Status Heading.
It will take you through these steps :
- Click the 'Setup Mailbox' button
- Log in to your Google Account using your credentials you just created
- Agree to Google's Terms of Service
- Return to this screen and refresh the page
Accept Google Terms of Service
This window will appear after signing in with the correct credentials that you had just set up. The window will look like this.
- At the bottom press 'Accept Terms of Service'
After accepting Google's Terms of Service it will launch you into G Suite.
- Press 'Accept Terms of Service' on the G Suite window as well.
As a final step return to your Settings > Domain tab page and refresh to confirm that your Custom Email has been setup.
Accessing your Custom Email
To access your custom email:
- Go to your Settings > Domain tab
- Under Custom Email press 'Open Custom Email' to launch your email
- Sign in with your credentials setup during purchase.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re here to help!