Add Section to a Custom Page
Slideshows are accessed through the Custom Page 'Add Section' module.
- Tap 'Images'
- Scroll down to 'Slideshows'
Select Slideshow Template
- Slideshow section (diamond graphic indicates Premium Layout).
- Fullscreen image style template (1 across)
- Landscape image style template (1 central image, edges of other images to the left and right)
- Portrait image style template (3 across)
Slideshow not available
- Premium Layouts are only available for Pro Plus and Unlimited Plans
- Tap 'View Our Plans' and upgrade to access the Slideshow and Mailing List features
- Slideshow Template
- 'Add Slide'
- The Button Text that appears is editable here (applies to all slides displayed in this specific Slideshow)
- Customize Design, set fonts, size, text color, opacity, button style, navigation style, counter style, autoplay, animation (options differ between Slideshow templates)
- Delete Slideshow
- Saved state (always 'Save Changes' regularly)
If the Slideshow template is not the one you want, you will need to remove (5. 'Delete Slideshow' and re-add a different template.
- 'Add Image' (an image is required for the slide to appear)
- 'Add a Title' (optional)
- 'Add a description' (optional)
- 'Link To' select a Page, Website or Email (optional)
- 'Save Changes' before leaving
Create a Link
- Tap 'Link To'
- Select 'Page' if linking to a page within your site
- Choose a page from the pages shown in the dropdown list and save
Add more slides
- Warning that the slide will not appear on the slideshow unless an image has been added.
- Delete slide (hover to activate and remove)
- Image thumbnail (there is no control over which part of the image is shown). You can have up to 10 images
- A Title is optional and there is a maximum character count of 60
- A Description is optional and there is a maximum character count of 160
- Linking is optional
- The 'Button Text' will only appear if a link has been set
- Customize Design
Slideshow Button Text
- 'Edit' Button Text
- Choose the text for your slideshow button (maximum 15 characters) This button text will appear over every slide if a Link has been set.
Customize Slideshow Design
Each Slideshow Module has slightly different design options that are separate from any other Design settings you may have already set for your site.
- Customize Slideshow, experiment with the options available
- View the customizations you make with the in-app preview to get an indication of how they will look
- Tap 'Customize Typography' for more options
- Always 'Save Changes'
- Heading Font
- Description Font
- Preview changes in-app
The 'Button Text' uses the same font as your themes 'Body Text'.
Preview on Live Site
It is always best to view your Slideshow on your live site and see how it appears on mobile as well as desktop displays.
If you have the slideshow set to 'autoplay' this will stop if viewers tap or use the navigation arrows.
Fullscreen Slideshow preview above ^
Landscape Slideshow preview above ^
Portrait Slideshow preview above ^
Recommended images for Slideshows
Because our themes are responsive for narrower (mobile) or wider (desktop) displays we recommend that you select images that have the main focal point in the center of the frame so that at a minimum, the image works well cropped as a square.
The Portrait slideshow that shows images three-across works best with images cropped in the 2:3 ratio.
Things to be aware of
Members who downgrade from Pro Plus or Unlimited Plans will not have access to the Slideshow feature and it will not appear on the live site.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re here to help!