Adding comments to your blog
Our Blog feature does not have the built-in ability for viewers to directly 'comment' on your post so you would need to have a Disqus.com account.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Sign up at Disqus.com
- Create an Account
- Access Disqus Account Settings
- Disqus Account Settings
- Getting your Disqus Shortname
- Select your Shortname
- Select a Plan
- Update your Blog Settings
- Enjoy Comments on your Blog!
- Disqus Comments Visible
Sign up at Disqus.com
Go to disqus.com in a web browser.
- Log in (if you already have an account) or
- Tap 'Get Started' and create your account
If you already have a disqus.com account, skip to the section 'Select your Disqus Shortname' below.
Create an Account
Enter your email address, along with your desired username and password to create your account.
You can also sign up using an existing social profile on Facebook, Twitter or Google.
Access Disqus Account Settings
- Tap the dropdown in the top-right corner
- Tap 'Settings'
Disqus Account Settings
- Your username entered earlier.
- Your email address (may need verifying, check fine print below)
- Reactivate 'Settings' dropdown and tap 'Add Disqus To Site'
- Scroll to very bottom at tap 'Get Started'
- Tap 'I want to install Disqus on my site
Select your Shortname
- Add your Website Name, this is your shortname. Copy this text to your clipboard (or write it down).
- Select blog Category from dropdown
- Tap 'Create Site'
Select a Plan
- We recommend you 'Continue on Basic'
Update your Blog Settings
Now you can return to your Format Dashboard.
- Tap 'Blog' in left Sidebar, activate 'Settings'
- Scroll down to 'Blog Commenting' switch to 'On'
- The 'Disqus Shortname' field will be accessible. Add your Disqus shortname. DO NOT include '.disqus.com'
- Save Changes
Enjoy Comments on your Blog!
For the Disqus Comments to load under your blog post you must view the full post by tapping on the individual blog title.
- View your Blog Listing
- Tap individual Blog Title to view
Disqus Comments Visible
- Blog view
- Disqus Comments panel loaded
- Disqus shortname displayed
Disqus Comments will not be visible when viewing the posts in 'Listing' view
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!