Adding Link Sets
Link Sets are clickable thumbnails that link to other pages, sites or even to open an email application to send a message.
This allows you to bypass the restrictions of Collection Pages.
In this article
- What can I link to?
- Create a Custom Page
- Selecting a Link Set template
- Add links
- Add Image, Title and Link To
- Preview live site
- More Custom Page options
What can I link to?
Link Sets allow you to link to the following types of pages within your Format portfolio site:
- Gallery Pages
- Custom Pages (e.g. About or Contact)
- Store Pages (Product Listing or Individual Product Pages)
- Blog Posts
- Proofing Projects
You can also link to an external website or add an email address that, when tapped, will launch the viewers email application (if configured).
Create a Custom Page
Or, you can add to an existing Custom Page
- From your Dashboard, expand the left Sidebar and tap 'Pages'.
- Tap 'Create Page'
- Tap 'Custom Page'.
Give your page a Title and Save.
- Tap ' [ Blank Template ] '
- Tap 'Add Section +'
Selecting a Link Set template
- Select an 'Images' Section
- Scroll down to 'Link Sets' and select from one of the templates and 'Add Section'.
You don't have to have 8 images to link and can change the grid layout at any time.
- Display settings can be changed between Square, Landscape, Masonry and Grid at any time.
- Add Link to get started
- Always 'Save Changes'
You can add more than one Link Set section to a page and change the Display.
Add Image, Title and Link To
- Add Image, from any source (GIF, PNG, JPG)
- Add a Title (optional)
- Link To (Format Page, Website or Mailto (email address).
If a Link does not have an image thumbnail (only a title and Link To it will NOT display on your Live Site.
Preview live site
View how your Link Set looks and change Display options to suit.
- Thumbnail with Title text link
- Thumbnail only (no Title link)
The text links are styled in the Design Editor > Links panel.
More Custom Page options
Link Sets are an option within Custom Pages.
If you are unfamiliar with how to create a Custom Page please see this guide first.
Still have questions? Reach us on our live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re here to help!