Embedding a Mailchimp newsletter subscription form
Format sites don't have any built-in integration with newletter services such as Mailchimp.com but there are some options for adding forms available.
- Subscription Form
Format is not associated with Mailchimp.com in any way and you may already have another subscription service provider you are happy to use, these are just examples and we have had the most experience with Mailchimp.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Mailchimp Pop-up
- Pop-up issues to be aware of
- Mailchimp Subscription Form
Create a free account with Mailchimp.com
Generate a Pop-up Subscription Form, the code generated will look something like:
Copy this code and add to the <head> Includes area of your Site Settings > Site > Custom <head> Include field.
See our Custom <head> Include guide for more information.
This pop-up code can be added to any level Plan from Basic to Unlimited.
Pop-up issues to be aware of
- A pop-up subscription form will only appear once when a viewer visits your site.
- If they view a different page (not your Homepage) first they will still see the pop-up.
- If they choose to close without entering any of their information it will not be displayed again as they have set cookies to stop it reappearing if someone has already closed without showing any interest.
- It also can't be completed multiple times which is a good thing as it stops someone from spamming you with bad email addresses constantly.
- Sometimes the code from a pop-up can play cause issues with other content from loading on your site.
- This means that it is often necessary to change to using a Subscription Form (see below)
The Success Team is unable to assist with troubleshooting code added from third-party sources.
Mailchimp Subscription Form
Similar to the Mailchimp Pop-up code, use their service to create a Subscription Form that can be added to your Contact or About Me Custom Page.
This HTML code requires a Pro level plan or higher as you need to add the HTML code generated (not possible on Personal Plans).
Please see our HTML Editing guide for further instructions.
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email email@example.com if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!