Google Search Console site validation with https://
With the introduction of SSL for your custom domain your Format portfolio site is served via https:// instead of http://
If you are already using Google Search Console you will need to add your 'Property' as https:// as well as http:// and update your site validation.
Tap any image to view at larger size.
In this article
- Access Site Settings
- Google Search Console Verification Page
- Paste Code
- Verify with Google Search Console
Access Site Settings
- From the left Sidebar, tap 'Settings' icon
- Tap 'Site' tab
- Scroll down to bottom showing 'Custom <head> Include'. Read warning.
- Tap 'Continue Anyway' button.
Google Search Console Verification Page
- Log in to providers account (in this example Google Search Console)
- Change from 'Recommended method' to 'Alternative methods'.
- Tap 'HTML tag'
- Copy the code displayed.
Typically, the 'include' will be within a <meta> tag, with an encrypted value for the external provider to use for verification.
The validation code will be the same for https:// and http:// so only needs to be added once.
Return to Custom <head> Include field in Dashboard Site Settings.
Paste the copied code into the text area.
This will add the information to all your Format pages.
Verify with Google Search Console
Return to your service provider and choose to Verify.
You should now receive a confirmation at your provider that the verification process has been completed.
In future the statistics you will want to follow will be under the https:// custom domain for your site.
Reach us online at our live chat or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions. We’re happy to help!